Wednesday, November 11, 2009

FrUIT FRUIT AND MORE FRUIT


For the past three days I have been eating pounds and pounds of fruit. I got a new job as a dental assistant and that has put me i a very good mood. I don't know if I'm completely ready to give up gardening. In which brings up a point. Before my raw journey I used to eat anything and everything. Even when people would offer me food and it wasn't good for me I would eat it to not offend them. Now when people offer me food and it's not healthy or beneficial to me I've learned to say, NO! NO! NO! And I've been saying no less often and that has dampened my progress. I believe the three things that really dulls progress on a raw weight loss journey are 1. cheating 2. negative feelings 3. no being able to say No to junk food and maybe there are more variables but these are my top three. The other I'd say is absolutism. I used to fast a lot on juices or just liquids and contrary to what others in the Raw World say I think it's detrimental in major lifestyle change and sticking to the plan. The point is there are no quick fixes. I know there are so many ways of overcoming obesity the quick way. But when you have been eating crap and not exercizing and not managing negative feelings and not preparing yourself every day to eat a healthy vitamin, enzyme rich living foods diet coupled with enjoyable physical activity you will keep on falling on your face. Just like I did. I wanted it (weight loss) so bad! I was doing fasts but even though the end result was weight loss, I would eat cooked crap (and lots of it later). Now my focus is to stick to eating high fruit and excersize every day and not cheat. I know we're not perfect and I commend people on this raw foods journey who have overcome obesity and have never deviated from their raw plan but the goal is to never cheat.

Please let me know how you are doing. I hope I wasn't lecturing so much.

2 Comments:

Blogger MichMOO said...

I love your ''realist'' approach....I will be following your progress....I'm semi raw.....More fruit than veggies....although I don't tend to eat them...I juice the lot! Would it be to much to ask for a daily example menu?

November 11, 2009 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Rebeka Talebi said...

Hi MichMoo. I wish you the best. I know a lady i know who told me that she eats:

breakfast- fruit
snack- fruit
lunch-fruit
dinner- big salad
snack- prepared raw foods like flax seed crackers or like a raw dessert

November 12, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home