Tuesday, February 16, 2010

End of Diets (don't know if it's now or forever

I don't know if the destiny of a human being is to weigh, measure his/her self worth in every way imaginable. I never fully realized the consequences of believing what I was told about having a healthy, fit beautiful body. We are told every day that in order to be happy we need to sacrifice. We sacrifice food in hopes that one day we'll loose weight. If only we deprive ourselves, we can loose weight and become happy. My life revolved around the scale. Was I ultimately successful in loosing weight in the end? No.

Now I wonder if the opposite is true. Can you ditch the scale and ditch the diet and loose weight and have a great body? Could an overweight person focus more on new life experiences instead of spending countless ours reading about the next pill, drug, exercise gadget? I want to try this and see where it leads me. I'm gradually finding that focusing on the number on the scale isn't getting me very far.


I do plan on eating healthy but I won't restrict my food diversity in order to get to an immediate goal. Life might not be about goals but about learning and cultivating new experiences. I might just go back to eating a 80-90% raw diet free of the foods I'm allergic to. Maybe I will end up eating things that are not so great for me but it will all balance out.

My objective is to shift my focus to living my life instead of focusing on weight loss. A large percentage of my entire adult life has been focused on loosing weight which hasn't completely transformed my body. A shift in focus I believe will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home